How to carry out the audit
Assign a member of staff to lead on this work. They will need to
- ensure engagement from across the school (teaching staff, support staff, senior leadership, governors, school council and other pupils, parents, external agencies).
- download the audit tool and action plan
- assign actions, agree completion dates and track progress.
Completing the audit tool and action plan
- As you work through the audit tool, assign a rating to each of the indicators (fully met/partly met/not met).
- Summarise evidence for how your school is meeting each of the indicators.
- If an indicator is partly met or not met, you can choose to add it to your action plan. It will automatically pull through to the action plan
- In the action plan, you can assign responsibility, set a completion date, and find more resources to help you with this action.
- Once you have rated each indicator, you will be able to download a logo showing that your school is Growing in Grief Awareness.
Download the audit and action plan excel spreadsheet here.